Re: Build packages for Debian on Ubuntu

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 09:50:33AM +0200, Mikael Olenfalk wrote:
> I have built ubuntu-hoary packages for anjuta 2.0.1 for amd64, which I
> have made available in my repository at: http://mikael.is-a-geek.org/.
>
> I want to build the packages for Debian SID also and now I am
> wondering if it is possible to build packages for debian sid on
> ubuntu. I do not have another machine and wonder if it is possible to
> do this using a special chroot or something (what is this pbuilder
> thing btw?).

pbuilder is something you're looking for.

`apt-get install pbuilder`
`pbuilder create --distribution sid`

`pbuilder build anjuta_blablabla.dsc`

> I could of course just install VW-Ware or something, but it would of
> course be nice it I could build everything on the "same" machine.

You can also use debootstrap to make chrooted sid on your Ubuntu, but
pbuilder is more automated tool (it's a wrapper around debootstrap).

regards
fEnIo

--
  ,''`.  Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@debian.org | pgp:0x13fefc40 | irc:fEnIo
 : :' :       32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Poland