Re: curl status update

On Saturday 01 October 2005 02:49 pm, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 the mental interface of
>
> Paul TBBle Hampson told:
> > On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 02:43:32PM +0200, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> > > On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 the mental interface of
> > > Steve Langasek told:
> > >
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > libcurl3-gnutls-dev 7.14.1-3 works well ;-) The only challange we
> > > have to solve is:
> > > Which curl deps have to be the default?
> > > IMHO the gnutls one.
> >
> > What do you mean by default?
>
> libcurl has to point to gnutls by default!

Look, once the new packages hit unstable, everyone building against libcurl
will need to choose libcurl-openssl-dev or libcurl-gnutls-dev to build
against.  If they build against the former, the binary packages will depend
on the openssl libcurl, if the latter, they will depend on the gnutls
libcurl.  The openssl libcurl is still called libcurl3 so that packages
that *already built* against the openssl libcurl won't be broken.

For new package builds, there will be no "default" libcurl.

Josh