Re: curl status update

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 03:27:30PM +0200, Richard Atterer wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 02:37:35PM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> > Why is openssl the default?
> > I think everybody agrees that in the long period everybody will want to
> > use gnutls,

> No, as has been shown by the discussions in the last weeks, there is *no*
> agreement on which SSL library should be the default.

There isn't?  I saw some arguments that explain why it's not possible to
convert all curl-using applications from OpenSSL to GNUTLS without a
recompile due to unavailable ABI changes, but I thought it was pretty clear
that the default going forward should be the one whose license is maximally
compatible with that of applications using libcurl (i.e., GNUTLS).