Re: Authentication problem with pbuilder

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

I've tracked the problem down to the fact that
/etc/pam.d/su no longer exists with a clean install
since around yesterday.
Upgraded systems continue to work since /etc/pam.d/su
already exists.

Nice that you found an issue.  On the other hand my system was
installed about 10 months ago and I only upgraded.  I'm more or
less using an up to date testing system with the exception of some
packages from sid.

Without /etc/pam.d/su, root running su will be asked
for a password.

This is not the case.  I can su to any user (including root) without
password if I'm logged in as root.

I'm suspecting either of

login 1:4.0.12-2 -> 1:4.0.12-3

   login            4.0.3-35
(without any changes to /etc/pam.d/su)

pam 0.76-23->0.79-1

Not installed on the system in question.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de