Re: lyx

Edward J. Shornock <debian-ml@crazeecanuck.homelinux.net> wrote:
> Rob Weir wrote:

>>The source is at http://crumbs.ertius.org/~rob/debian/lyx/, feel free to
>>upload it if you think it's ok.

> Wouldn't it be better to have the build depends like this?

> Build-Depends: libqt3-mt-dev (>=3:3.3.5), xlibs-dev (>> 4.3.0)

> Xorg is in both Sid and Etch, and we don't want it linked against the
> old version of libqt3-mt-dev.

Hello,
Actually it should not build-depend on the legacy meta-package
xlibs-dev at all, but on the specific x development packages it uses.
xlibs-dev will be probably removed soon, the upload of the next
upstream version of xorg will not ship it anymore (See
6.8.99.900.dfsg.1-0pre1 in experimental.)
                   cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"