Re: Conflicting assignment of priviledged ports on boot

On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 05:27:14PM +0200, Loïc Minier wrote:

>  dependencies won't help for this problem.  The only real option is to
>  change libc/portmap/all RPC services to consult a blacklist of ports
>  shipped in libc/portmap.

Given that none of the upstream libc maintainers who I've seen voice an
opinion appear to be in the slightest bit enthusiastic about such a
solution I would not be optimistic about the chances of it being
implemented and deployed in the immediate future.  See for example the
discussion at:

In an ideal world dynamic services would have a range of ports reserved
for them.  We're quite a way away from an ideal world here.