Re: jack still broken

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 12:00:22AM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:

> Jack has been broken for three months now.

> The problem is that the libraries libjack0.80.0-0 and libjack0.100.0-0
> declare exact version requirements against jackd: both of them
> conflict with all but one version of jackd.

> If they really are proper library packages, then they shouldn't
> conflict with jackd at all.

How else do you handle the case of a library which implements a line
protocol (presumably Unix sockets, in this case), and that protocol has
changed incompatibly?

> This has been going on for three months.

Why has it taken three months for the reverse dependencies to be rebuilt?
That shouldn't really be acceptable, whether or not there's some reason for
(effective) conflicts between different versions of the lib.