Announcing kernel-handbook project

Hello,

In an attempt to improve the situation with Debian kernel documentation I have recently initiated the kernel-handbook project on Alioth. The goal of this project is to create and maintain the Debian kernel handbook, a primary access point to all kernel-related user documentation in Debian. At the moment it only contains the description of the new kernel packaging scheme, which kernel team introduced with the upload of 2.6.12 kernel debs. Comments and suggestions regarding the contents are, of course, welcome.

In addition to announcing the project, I would like to call for volunteers to contribute and maintain separate parts of the handbook. This project is an ideal candidate for team maintenance and the SVN repository has been created to host it. If you are interested, please contact the project's mailing list (see below). Project information:

Current version: http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org
Source in SVN  : svn://svn.debian.org/svn/kernel-handbook/trunk
Mailing list   : kernel-handbook-general@lists.alioth.debian.org

Thanks and best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org