Re: CDDL, OpenSolaris, Choice-of-venue and the star package ...

Humberto Massa Guimarães <humberto.massa@almg.gov.br> wrote:
>> I doubt that "people who do not wish to become legally bound to appear
>> at the the author's home court whenever he files a frivolous lawsuit"
>> can be meaningfully described as a "group of persons" that can be
>> discriminated against. If everybody belongs to the group, is it
>> meaningfull to discriminate against it?
>
> Try "people who do not have enough money to travel to $VENUE to defend
> themselves from a frivolous lawsuit -- one that they will lose by defaulting
> their court appearance". I think Debian agrees that "poor people" in general
> is a group that is protected by DFSG#5.

Whereas the alternative may be that licensors are unable to afford the
enforcement of their license. Would you prefer to discriminate against
them?

The legal system discriminates in favour of rich people. That's true
regardless of license conditions.
--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org