Re: how to make a patch

[Paolo Pantaleo]
> I have spent some time to write the bash completion for apt-file
> command.  I have written a pair of email to doko@debian.org and i
> didn't get any response. Now i want to submit a patch for
> bash_completion file that add the apt-file support.

File a bug against the apt-file package, severity "minor" or "wishlist"
(could be either one, since a /etc/bash_completion.d/apt-file already
exists and I don't know if your version fixes bugs or just adds
features), and attach your patch to the report.  You can use the
'reportbug' command for this.

> How do i make a patch? Is
> diff -u -c
> correct?