Re: Spam on this list

Hi,
* Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> [2005-09-01 20:42]:
> [Allyn, MarkX A]
> > I have been noticing (and a bit irritated) at the spam I am seeing
> > on this and some other email lists. The latest was a bit offensive
> > for me in my work environment.
>
> The debian lists are not doing a great job in blocking spam.  You
> might want to consider reading the lists using NNTP to gmane.org.  I
> read several of the lists that way, and gmane filter out the spam for
> me. :)

My idea was to use the spam-report.pl script which is used
in the list archives to mark mails as spam. At the moment
these mails will be proceeded manually by the listmasters
team to hide them from the online archive.
At the moment this script uses the mailing list, the date of
the message and a unique id in the archive (e.g. msg00071)
to identify them.

What about using the msgid instead of the id so it would be
possible to use your MUA to mark a mail as spam via a script
which can be executed and calls the spam-report.pl script
just like sa-learn or something like this?
So it would be possible to mark mails as spam without going
to the website of the archive.
Regards Nico
--
Nico Golde - JAB: nion@jabber.ccc.de | GPG: 0x73647CFF