Re: To Linux or not to Linux

On Wednesday 31 August 2005 09:49, Yavor Doganov wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 07:35:23 -0600, Wesley J. Landaker wrote:
> > That and--it will make most of us cringle--when other kernels are
> > popular, you'll hear lots of stuff like:
>
> The reason for calling it GNU (ok, GNU/Linux as the the other ports are
[...]
> By calling it simply "Linux" you mislead the people -- they will know
[...]

Which was kind of my point; Linux is already a term that has been overloaded
far too much, so we should be careful in our naming if we want to avoid
dialogs like the one I made up from becoming more of reality than they
already are. =)

--
Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net> <xmpp:wjl@icecavern.net>