Re: better init.d/* : who carres ?

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh a écrit :

Note that using dash is probably MUCH faster than perl.  I don't know about
zsh.

it's not always true : it just depends on your problems and solutions : write a dash script to open a lot of pipes between grep,sed,awk and other filters to treat a lot of files or long ones will require more ressources than lauchning perl, compiling perlscript and running it faster than all those filters.

for init scripts, we can suppose you're almost always true.

regards
mc