Re: Gaim & TLS

Thus spake Maykel Moya:
> I'd not been able to use Google talk with Gaim and telnetting
> talk.google.com:5222 works.
> I'm supposing it has something to do with TLS, In Gtalk developer's page
> says it's a must.
> I took a look over gaim source package and, at first glance, it includes
> support for NLS (./configure include it by default), but, when I
> ldd'ed /usr/bin/gaim, there isn't reference to any tls library. Did I
> miss something ?

The current gaim package works just fine with Google Talk.  Have you
tried following the instructions at

They are quite detailed and lead to a working Google Talk account entry
in gaim for you.

Nathan Poznick <kraken@wang-fu.org>

Advice is like castor oil, easy enough to give but dreadful uneasy to
take. -Josh Billings