Re: better init.d/* : who carres ?

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Mauro Calderara wrote:
> Aren't the init-scripts supposed to be posix-compilant? Often when

No.  They are not even "supposed" to be scripts at all, it is pretty ok to
use binary initscripts (but most people don't, and it really helps for stuff
like that to be easy to debug, and binary is anything but).

> installing dash as /bin/sh this becomes a problem because even though
> dash is posix-compatible it tends to break init-scripts for me. Whether

Those are bugs, and grave ones at that. Report them. If it doesn't run with
dash, it must not #! /bin/sh.

  Henrique Holschuh