Re: packages still setting /usr/doc link

Scripsit Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>

> The following is a list by maintainer of the 497 packages that still
> contain code in their postinst to create links in /usr/doc/.

Some of these packages have been orphaned, but have not yet had their
maintainer fields switched to QA.

> That's been a bug since 2002,

Huh? The closest I can find in policy is a footnote reading:

| At this phase of the transition, we no longer require a symbolic
| link in /usr/doc/. At a later point, policy shall change to make the
| symbolic links a bug.

I agree that it *should* be a bug, but I cannot see that it officially
*has* been one for three years.

> Brian Mays <brian@debian.org>
>    bibtool
>    gnushogi
>    netcdf
>    netcdf-perl
>    xruskb

For example, all of these packages are orphaned by QA, as Brian seems
to be MIA. I'm working on adopting bibtool, and the next upload will
remove the /usr/doc symlink (as the current package is not
debhelperized, and its handcrafted prerm script helpfully leaves the
symlink untouched when $1=upgrade :-/).  Some of the others are still
in O state rather than ITA.

--
Henning Makholm            "We can hope that this serious deficiency will be
                      remedied in the final version of BibTeX, 1.0, which is