Re: please fix your RC bugs

On 11-Aug-05, 15:59 (CDT), Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
> > As a practical matter, any modern Solaris (>=7, probably even 2.6 and 2.5)
> > machine has /usr/xpg4/bin/sh installed.
> >
> > Steve
>
> But what if there is a /usr/xpg4/bin/sh that isn't posix? :)

See, the nice thing about my situation is that when a client says "But
I want to install foobarsh as my /usr/xpg4/bin/sh, because it's 3 bytes
smaller than the standard one, and it comes in blue", I get to say
"That's not a supported configuration, please call back when you've
resolved the situation", rather than having create large swaths of
infrastructure to satisfy the whims of 0.01% of my users.

I sometimes think that Debian could do little more of that...

Steve

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net