Re: libnss-db and /usr/lib/* libraries

On Thursday 11 of August 2005 11:35, Tim Dijkstra wrote:
> > $ ldd /usr/lib/libnss_db.so.2 | grep /usr
> >         libdb-4.3.so => /usr/lib/libdb-4.3.so (0xb7e10000)
> >
> > So the system can't unmount /usr partition on poweroff process. I
> > wonder if I should link statically the BDB library. The other distros
> > works that way. It might be a problem if the libdb4.3 package will be
> > updated and then the libnss-db should be recompiled. Another thing is
> > the PIC and non-PIC stuff, so I'm afraid that I would need the
> > libdb4.3-pic package which doesn't exist yet.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> This is probably bug

Should it be fixed with replacing #!/bin/sh with #!/bin/dash
in /e/i/umountfs ?

I thougt the problem was not the /e/i/umountfs but /etc/init.d/rc script which
also uses /bin/bash so  /usr/lib/libdb-4.3.so library...

If umountfs is the only blocker, it could be splitted into umountfs and i.e.
remountrootro. I think it could solve the problem.

--
 .''`.    Piotr Roszatycki, Netia SA
: :' :    mailto:Piotr_Roszatycki@netia.net.pl