Re: RFH: libs11n (serialisation for C++)

also sprach Isaac Clerencia <isaac@warp.es> [2005.08.12.0925 +0200]:
> Yeah, sure, we were greatly surprised when they started supporting Wesnoth ML
> as a serializator [0] ;).

Human-readable serialisation formats make for great debugging. s11n
also supports some format similar to RFC822, real XML, a binary
format, a plain text format, and it comes with s11nconvert, which
can convert between them.

In general, the architecture is very modular, so it's easy to write
your own format parser or marshaller, or even replace internals,
like the way your own classes are serialised. You can make classes
serialisable without touching them (great for things like
third-party libraries), and support for the STL is already built in.

It's really a worthy library. I wish I had more time. I hope someone
steps up!

`. `'`