Re: What is going on with udev?

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 06:48:49PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
 > On Wednesday 03 August 2005 18:15, Steve Greenland wrote:
 > > Thanks for the pointer, Adam, and a giant "Feh!" to the genius who came
 > > up with that idea.
 >
 > Did you even think of asking for the rationale behind the name change?

 No ammount of "looks better" beats "there's an upgrade path from our
 *stable* release" or "doesn't break users' current expectations".

 I skimmed the mentioned URLs and I didn't find anything that came close
 to a "rationale".  I did find the obvious "where does 'kernel-image'
 leave Foo Kernel?" which still doesn't beat the two arguments against
 the change that I mention above.

 That said, what exactly is the problem kernel-image-x.y.z providing a
 kernel image for *bsd or hurd or whatever on the matching platform?

--
Marcelo