Re: What is going on with udev?

On 8/3/05, Frans Pop <aragorn@tiscali.nl> wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 August 2005 18:15, Steve Greenland wrote:
> > Thanks for the pointer, Adam, and a giant "Feh!" to the genius who came
> > up with that idea.
>
> Did you even think of asking for the rationale behind the name change?
>
> Hint: check the archives of the kernel mailing list.

lkml or debian kernel ML ? Are you asking to our users - yes, some of
them use sid to help us with bug tracking and not because it's cool -
read lkml ? I knew about the name change but i didn't read it there
and i don't think that ask debian users and developers to keep their
eye in lkml or any debian kernel mailing lists makes sense. We've this
list and debian-devel-announce. AFAIK, it's a important package and
not a transparent transition.

Closing, it isn't a bash against the kernel team. It isn't my point,
my problem is with this "didn't you know, read X stupid!" approach.
Just reply or let anyone else help the developer or user asking us.
Didn't he asked the rationale behind it? Just inform on this list and
will you sound way better.

Thanks,
Gustavo Franco