meanin of sid tag

Hi

I don't understand what the 'sid' tag is for and who is allowed to set it.

Bug #318692 and #320218 have been assigned to the packages xlib-dev,
bookmarkbridge and 3ddesktop. Both of those bugs deal with changing
build-deps for Xorg. Since we already have a 3ddesktop package with fixed
dependencies ready for upload (see pending bug #319120) I reassigned the
two bugs to the packages bookmarkbridge and xlib-dev. (This seems easier
to me than cloning the bugs, reassigning the clones to my package and
merging them with the pending bug).

During this procedure, I noticed that bug #318692 and #320218 were tagged as
'sid'. I wrongly admitted that the 'sid' tag was for sid what the 'sarge' tag
is for sarge and the 'etch' tag for etch: A tag which marks that the bug
applies to sid. I knew that the 'sarge-ignore' and 'etch-ignore' tags should
only be used by the release managers. To make sure that this is not the case for the
'sid' tag, I checked [0] and saw that there were no such restrictions. I
wanted to tag bug #319120 as 'sid', but it failed (see [1]):

# Automatically generated email from bts, devscripts version 2.8.14
tags 319120 - sid

Is it possible that I am not allowed to set the 'sid' tag on bugs of my
packages? If yes, this should be documented in [0] as it is for the
'*-ignore' tags in my opinion.

The second thing I don't quite understand is the description of the 'sid'
tag (also in [0]):

This bug particularly applies to an architecture that is currently
unreleased (that is, in the sid distribution).

I didn't quite understand the meaning of the clarification in the brackets,
to I checked the German version of the page and still didn't understand it
(even though I'm a native German speaker). Then I checked the French version
and things became clearer.

But as far as I can see, the 'sid' tag is used in a different context. Bug
#318692 I mentioned above for example tells us that we have to build-depend
on stuff like libxxf86vm-dev because it isn't in xlibs-dev (formerly in
xlibs-static-dev) anymore. This applies to _every_ architecture.

Or another example: Bug #221224 deals with the wrong size of a window, but
the bug description doesen't mention any particularly affected architecture.

I hope anyone can tell me what I misunderstood or fix the descriptions.

Best regards

Mathias Weyland

[0] http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer.en.html
[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=319120&msg=33