Re: problem installing libmotif-dev on debian sarge stable

[fixed top-posting in quote]

Frederico Rodrigues Abraham wrote:

> On 7/27/05, Alexander Wirt <formorer@debian.org> wrote:
>> Frederico Rodrigues Abraham schrieb am Dienstag, den 26. Juli 2005:
>>
>> > Hi. I am trying to install the development files for motif but i get this:
>> [..]
>>
>> Welcome to unstable and the c++ and x.org transition. You have to wait until
>> the transiton is finished or fix the correspondent packages on your own.
>>
> i am using debian stable... (sarge)
> i sent this mail to debiandevel ... should i have done it? is this the
> place for bug reports on debian stable?
> thanks
> -- Fred

No, debian-devel is mainly the list for developers and other people
working on the Debian operating system.  I think your original question
is better asked at debian-user@lists.debian.org .  If the ensuing
discussion does result in a bug being found (which I'm not yet convinced
is the case), it is best to report it on the individual package through
the BTS, for instance using the "reportbug" command.  It is perfectly OK
to report a bug on a package in stable.

When you ask at debian-user, you might want to give a little more
information than was in your first mail.  For instance: what are the
contents of your /etc/apt/sources.list file; what happens if you try
"apt-get install xlibs-dev" or "aptitude install libmotif-dev"; etc.

Good luck,