Re: congratulations to the X team!!

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005, David Nusinow wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 02:41:18PM +0300, Jaakko Niemi wrote:
> > On Thu, 14 Jul 2005, Sean Perry wrote:
> > > I just updated to X.org. With apt. Automatically. Woohoo!! I mean full
> > > on xserver-xorg too. I did not touch ANYTHING.
> >
> >  My only gripe is that the upload did not have pciids for
> >  radeon X700 etc.
> >
> >  http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2005/06/msg00179.html
> >
> >  Now I'm pondering between sending a patch and trusting
> >  people to check their TODO lists :=)
>
> Patches are most assuredly welcome :-)

 I took a diff against current upstream and ended up with
 same content with ati driver as with the diff that was
 removed.

 Took me less than two minutes to look up the exact upstream
 revision in which changes against xf86PciInfo.h for example
 were made:

 http://cvs.freedesktop.org/xorg/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/xf86PciInfo.h?r1=1.5&r2=1.6

 Is there something I'm missing here?

 		--j