Re: Reopening bug closed due to SPAM

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 09:22:10AM -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> -- another idea would be to use the same authentication as used by most
> of the mailing list servers -- verification of intent: confirmation
> email sent to the originating email address and reply to it keeping
A slightly better modification of this scheme I think would be taken
from some FIDONet newsgroups -- to verify sender's email address.

so algorithm is

check sender in DB and get his Keyword from DB if it is there
if sender is not in DB
then
   add email to DB, generate Keyword
fi
if email includes Keyword anywhere (X-Keyword field in the header or
  just a line in the body)
  then
   strip the lines containing keyword and post email
  else
   send a verification email to the   sender where provide his
   Keywords for future  postings
fi

this way it is one time job for anyone to adjust their .muttrc or
whatever to include X-Keyword header in their emails to *debian.org

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]