Re: GPG Key Signing

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 02:14:10PM -0700, Allyn, MarkX A wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Are there any Debian developers in the Portland, Oregon area?
>
> I need to have my GPG key signed in order to become a Debian developer.
>
> I found one person at Intel who had his key signed by a Debian
> developer. Can I have him sign it as his was already signed by a
> developer, or do I have to find someone who is a current
> developer/maintainer?

You need to find someone who's a Debian developer; non-direct signatures
are not enough.

The only *listed* offers for Oregon are:

OR, Bend: Nick Rusnov <nickrusnov@debian.org>
OR, Medford: Sam Powers <smp@debian.org>

but I'm not familiar enough with US geography to know if that's close
enough.

You should however get your key signed by as many people as possible
anyway, to build the web of trust, so don't pass up on the chance to
get it signed by someone just because they aren't DD's =)

Regards: David Weinehall
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@debian.org> /) Rime on my window           (\
//  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   //  Diamond-white roses of fire //