Re: BTS version tracking

Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:
> The 'reopen' command takes an optional submitter argument, so it was
> difficult to get a version in here unambiguously. Instead, we've
> introduced a new 'found' command, which says "I've found the bug in this
> version of the package". You can use this whether the bug is open or
> closed; if the bug's closed and you give a version more recent than the
> last recorded fixed version, the bug will be considered open again.
>   found 1234567 1.3-2

Shouldn't that be, "you give a version more recent than *or equal to*
the last recorded fixed version..."?

What if the maintainer uploads a version, say 1.3-2 (which is still the
most recent version), which supposedly fixes bug 1234567.  However, I
test it and find that it's actually not fixed.  Presumably, I would do:

  found 1234567 1.3-2

However, since 1.3-2 is equal to the current version, the BTS would
erroneously think that the bug is fixed.  That does seem to match

Society is never going to make any progress until we all learn to
pretend to like each other.