Re: debian mentors & ubuntu

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 11:06:28PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 12:42:13PM +0200, Nico Golde wrote:
> > * Nico Golde <nico@ngolde.de> [2005-07-19 12:23]:
> > > why is mentors.debian.net powered by Ubuntu?
> >
> > don't understand me wrong, this is no rant against ubuntu, i
> > just wondered...

> Cos it's trendy and Debian isn't.

> Unrelated question: why was mentors.debian.net delegated (historically)
> to non-DDs?

Who cares (about either point)?  Nothing under debian.net is an official
project resource; I don't remember if there are guidelines governing use of
the debian.net DNS service, but if there are, they aren't particularly
strict.

Any negative associations you may have as a result of this site reflect only
on mentors.debian.net, not on the Debian project.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer