Re: unreproducable bugs

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 01:14:07 +0100, Rich Walker <rw@shadow.org.uk> said:

> "Michael K. Edwards" <m.k.edwards@gmail.com> writes:
>> On 7/15/05, Manoj Srivastava va, manoj <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:
>>> What's with the recent push to get every little things written
>>> down into policy, so the developer no longer is required to have
>>> an ability to think, or exercise any judgement whatsoever?
>> Welcome to the software industry in 2005.

> [snip]

> Yes, to rely on 1300 developers to all think of your cunning method
> of solving a problem clearly makes sense.

        Good god. If anyone thinks that handling a long open
 unreproducible problem in the ways mentions is "cunning method", I
 think they better look at a nice long apprenticeship before aspiring
 to be a DD.

> After all, to *write down* a technique that solves the problem, and
> make it available to all of them would stilt their creativity,
> hinder their intellect, and prevent the development of a consistent
> style!

        If we have to create a written document to spoon feed people
 solutions to trivial problems,  the project is doomed anyway, and
 nothing really matters.

 who can't believe we have sunk this low
Reality is bad enough, why should I tell the truth? Patrick Sky