Re: "How to recognise different ETCH wishlists from quite a long way away" (revised)

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 11:50:14AM -0400, David Nusinow wrote:

> What I'd like to see is no more new items added to that list without
> someone signing up and taking responsibility for them. What I really want
> to see more than anything with that list is for each and every item to have
> at least one person signed up, taking responsibility for it. That way, it
> becomes a real TODO list, rather than just a stupid wishlist.

I think the TODO list is an incredibly useful tool and I agree that it
shouldn't be clogged up by wishlist items (i.e. items someone thinks
are worthy enough to add, but nobody is up for working on them yet).
However I do think wishlist items serve a purpose too: They demonstrate
a desire from users for a feature that could be picked up on and
converted into a TODO list item by an interested party.

I suggest having __two__ lists: a wishlist and a worklist (with the
latter being the existing TODOlist)

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/