Re: Updating dpkg-cross: file moving question

Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:
> The multiarch and FHS proposals say that ${prefix}/${target}/* would
> pollute the / and /usr directories while the lib and include subdirs
> already have tons of files/dirs and the extra dirs won't matter.
>
> Matter of opinion probably.

Of course.  It's unlikely to be very serious "pollution" though, as it
will almost always be only 1 or 2 extra dirs, not many -- and it _is_
long-standing practice, and has the additional benefit of encapsulating
arch-specific hierarchies.

[I've come to depend on the FHS always making the wrong choice though.]

-Miles
--
Run away!  Run away!