Re: "How to recognise different ETCH wishlists from quite a long way away" (revised)

On Saturday 09 July 2005 00.39, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 03:49:36PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:

> > IMHO, we should keep dummy packages around for at least two releases,
> > to support upgrades which skip one release.
>
> In practice, upgrades that skip a release are not supported.  There was
> no way at all that upgrades from potato->sarge could have been supported,
> and it's not a goal of the release team to support direct upgrades from
> woody->etch.

While it is only sensible to state in bold, big, fat, huge letters that
upgrades over two releases are not supported, breakting these on purpose
does nobody any good when keeping this minor support in doesn't cost more
than 4k on the mirror network.

cheers
-- vbi

--
Beware of the FUD - know your enemies. This week
    * Patent Law, and how it is currently abused. *