Re: [Debian Printing] Formation of a Printing Group

> At Sun, 26 Jun 2005 21:11:22 +0100,
> Roger Leigh wrote:
> > This mail is just to test the water to see if there is any interest in
> > forming a printing group for coordination between all of the various
> > printing packages.  Due to the numerous ways of setting up a working
> > printing system, bugs in one package are often in interdependent
> > packages, and this would ease coordination.

We probably want Xprint counted in.

There's plenty to discuss, especially with both the new OpenPrinting (PAPI)
standard [1] and Cairo [2] around the corner.

We could start by agreeing on where to send "Print-to-file" jobs by default (bug #317149 [3]).

Drew Parsons
Xprint maintainer

[1] http://www.openprinting.org/,
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/fsg/architecture/papi/PAPI-Overview-latest.htm,
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openprinting/

[2] http://cairographics.org/introduction

[3] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=Bug%23317149%3A