Re: ftp-master, ftp and db .debian.org moving - hosting sought

On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 06:05:25PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> It was sent right after the hosting died.
> Should he sent "The hosting may die somewhere in the future, please
> offer something just in case we need it"?

well, i guess i don't know the details of the situation, but i would
hope that hosting providers for such important projects/services would
consider to give some advance warning, like "in one month we will no
longer be able to provide hosting services".  perhaps that did not
happen?

anyway, i think it would probably be a good thing to add onto the
previously mentioned conditions, something like "if at all possible,
one month advanced warning before termination of services".  obviously
this isn't a contract, so we couldn't bind anyone to this, but i think
most people would be willing to do us the favor of warning us in
advance.

	sean