Re: Ongoing Firefox (and Thunderbird) Trademark problems

Humberto Massa Guimarães writes:
> (*) I don't even know if US trademark law allows them to go that far...

The notion that we would be infringing their trademark by failing to remove
strings that they put in is ludicrous.  It's equivalent to Ford demanding
that I remove all the Ford logos before selling my truck.

> Basically, the only references that I found in BR case law were to
> *advertising* and *misrepresenting* something as being from the wrong
> origin.

Same in the US.
--
John Hasler (IANAL)