Re: graphic installation to debian

Quoting Wouter Verhelst (wouter@debian.org):
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 02:59:07PM +0300, Markus Åkerman wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > i suggest a raphical insallation to debian, one is soon coming ro gentoo.
>
> This is being worked on, and might happen with etch.
>
> Note, however, that it's never a good idea to just go and suggest
> something to an open source project; actually doing the work is far more
> likely to achieve something.

And explaining why one thinks that a graphical installer adds value
also helps..:-).

Fortunately, it actually *adds* value (I have a few examples coming to
my mind, the rendering of several non Latin languages being one of
them : RTL support for Hebrew/Arabic is based on (nice) hacks and all
languages from India cannot seriously be rendered with a non graphical
environment)