relocation error(s) with various binaries

Hello,

Recently my /usr/ directory had a bad recovery in which a great deal of
/usr/lib was placed into lost+found additionaly, once the recovery was
complete the dynamic loader was complaining about the libraries no longer
having the proper signatures.  So, I decided to manage this with a
recovery of most of the libraries via apt-get.  This included the
libraries that ldconfig was complaining about which was most of X in
addition to various libraries from /usr/lib.  This worked fairly well as
my system is mostly usable again, however I have a lingering problem with
relocation errors.  (Note I did not have these reloc problems prior to the
fs crash.)

for example firefox

$ sh -x firefox
-- SNIP --
+ exec /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/firefox-bin -a firefox
/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/firefox-bin: relocation error:
/usr/lib/libXrender.so.1: undefined symbol: _Xglobal_lock

mozilla, which fails in it's launch script at ...

$ sh -x mozilla
-- SNIP --
++ /usr/lib/mozilla/mozilla-xremote-client -a mozilla 'ping()'
++ RETURN_VAL=127
++ '[' 127 -eq 2 ']'
-- SNIP --

because of ...

/usr/lib/mozilla/mozilla-xremote-client: relocation error:
/usr/lib/libXcursor.so.1: undefined symbol: _Xglobal_lock

and finaly ogle.

$ sh -x ogle
-- SNIP --
ogle_vout: relocation error: /usr/lib/libXcursor.so.1: undefined symbol:
_Xglobal_lock

I'm running a sid system, recently updated.  I'm wondering if during my
exeuberence in restoring my system caused some a bad library combination?
The other bizarre thing is that both libXcursor and libXrender have the
string _Xglobal_lock within them, indicating that _Xglobal_lock should be
defined.

Are these errors due to the dynamic loader relocating _Xglobal_lock
to some inappropriate offset in the library?  Or possibly some other
function to _Xglobal_lock?  Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Please CC me directly as I am not subscribed to this particular list.

Thanks

Chris Gorman