Re: Ongoing Firefox (and Thunderbird) Trademark problems

15.06.2005 pisze Eric Dorland (eric@debian.org):

> > You're free to make /any/ modifications to firefox, as long as you
> > either rename it to something else or get permission to call it firefox.
> > Doesn't sound non-free to me.

> Please explain to me why it's alright to get special permission to use
> a trademark but not ok for a software license?

Perhaps just because this particular trademark license does not make
the software in question any less free?

Jubal

PS. If you're that much convinced that you're right, why did you ask
for public comments anyways?

--
[ Miros/law L Baran, baran-at-knm-org-pl, neg IQ, cert AI ] [ 0101010 is ]
[ BOF2510053411, makabra.knm.org.pl/~baran/, alchemy pany ] [ The Answer ]

      The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the
      stupidity of your action.