Re: splitting package on arch-dependant and arch-independant parts

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 09:39:09PM +0600, Sergey Fedoseev wrote:
> ?? ??????, 14/06/2005 ?? 16:55 +0200, Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo ??????????:
> > There's only one rule. Architecture dependent files go to binary package,
> > and architecture independent to data package.
>
> I consider some common procedures should exist anyway. For example ones
> move manpage to binary package and others move it to data package. Who
> is right?

As a rule, put the manpage in the same package as the program it
document. Normally manpage are small enough there is no benefit to
put them in the -data package, and it is more robust this way.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.