Re: And now for something completely different... etch!

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 03:12:09AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 01:03:12AM +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> > So, without further delay, here's my "Etch-wishlist", it's biased on some
> > of the things I've personally worked on and would like to keep working on
> > for etch. I would love to hear the Release Managers opinion on what they
> > believe should be Release Goals for etch besides the things we all already
> > know about (non-free documentation purged from main, changes in supported
> > architectures...)
>
> > Feel free to add some new items or add (hopefully new) information to the
> > ones I list below:
>
> Ok, sure.  Here are a few one-liners about various things I'm aware of
> that one person or another wants to see happen in the etch timeframe,
> together with the name of the person who has claimed responsibility:
>
> Toolchain update to gcc/g++ 4.0 - Matthias Klose <doko@debian.org>
> Switch to dependency-based init.d handling --  Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi>
> Drop libpng2/libpng10-0/libpng3 packages - Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org>
> Drop libmysqlclient10/libmysqlclient12 packages - Adam Conrad <adconrad@debian.org>
> Consistent LFS support - Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org>
> Bend all library packages to my will - Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org>
>
> You seem to have a rather long wishlist of your own; are these all things
> that you personally plan to work on during the etch cycle?  If so, kudos!
> If not, which ones are you expecting to spend your time on, and which are
> you looking for help with?
Hi Steve,
I was thinking of Bridge, at least the little I know about the game,
where you guess how many tricks(in this case tasks) you can get in the
game -- a contract I think.  Would it be cruel to make some such page of
'contracts' updated by each DD and have someone update the list of
completed tasks monthly. Since volunteers in Debian work on what floats
their boat, I'd be curious to see by release's end, who has lived up to
their own expectations of their contract. Any one for betting? Would
having a public airing of one's own goals be motivating or not?
just feeling in a devilish mood ;-)
Cheers,
Kev
--
counter.li.org #238656 -- goto counter.li.org and be counted!