Re: And now for something completely different... etch!

I demand that Andreas Gredler may or may not have written...

> On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 07:58:11PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
[snip]
>> Since d-i currently puts the initrd that reads the second floppy (or
>> other USB media) on the boot floppy with the kernel, we either have to
>> shoehorn that initrd, which is currently 644k, onto the same floppy,
>> reducing its size by 414k somehow.

> I have to take a look at the initrd. 414k sounds much to me :-(

ISTM that a non-standard disk format (21 sectors per track and/or more
tracks) would help - or would this just cause too many problems?

[snip]
--
| Darren Salt   | nr. Ashington, | linux (or ds) at
| sarge,        | Northumberland | youmustbejoking
| RISC OS       | Toon Army      | demon co uk
|   Say NO to software patents

Academy: A modern school where football is taught.