Re: And now for something completely different... etch!

On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 02:17:08PM +1000, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Sunday 12 June 2005 09:14, Frans Pop <aragorn@tiscali.nl> wrote:
> > Some older BIOSes don't allow booting from CD-ROM, let alone netbooting or
>
> It's easy to solve the problem of a BIOS that doesn't support booting from
> CD-ROM.  You have a boot loader on a floppy disk that loads the kernel and
> initrd from CD.

This is of course a good workaround. But this floppies have to be
available. Does debian have such floppies?

> People who have really old hardware should ask at their local LUG if someone
> has any unused computers that they don't need.  I've offered quite a few old
> computers for free to members of my LUG.  Recently I offered a P3-800 machine
> with broken PSU and a Pentium 200 machine that was fully operational and
> found no-one who wanted them.  It seems that at my LUG there's no-one who has
> lesser hardware.

I've seen a lot of servers for small companies, which are older ;-(

greets Jimmy

--
                 Andreas "Jimmy" Gredler
   ,'"`.         http://www.g-tec.co.at/ | jimmy@g-tec.co.at