Re: cogito no longer conflicts with git or cgvg

Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> wrote:
> Am 2005-06-10 23:21:54, schrieb Sebastian Kuzminsky:
> > The new cogito package (0.11.3+20050610-1) is on its way into sid.
> > It does not install /usr/bin/git or /usr/bin/cg, and so it does not
> > conflict with git or with cgvg.
>
> I think, this is a realy bad idea.
> You should rename "git" to "cogito" which is 100 times better.

Now _that's_ crazy.  Cogito uses git, but git doesnt know or care about
cogito.  Cogito is logically a separate package, it's a high-level UI
on top of git's low-level tools.

The upstream folks are planning to split cogito and git into two separate
packages.  I requested (and they seemed to agree) that they change the
package name from git to something else before then.  Hopefully they'll
see the light and try to play nice with the rest of the world.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky