Re: hijacking libhtml-mason-perl

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 04:34:46PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Charles Fry:
>
> > I discussed the matter with Joshua Kwan, who recommended that I send
> > this email, asking whether or not it would be acceptable for me to
> > hijack the abandoned libhtml-mason-perl package.
>
> Don't forget to coordinate uploads with the request-tracker folks, for
> whom libhtml-mason-perl is a very central dependency.

I (as the maintainer of request-tracker packages) would definitely
support the hijack of the libhtml-mason-perl package. In general,
newer packages and keeping up-to-date with HTML::Mason releases make
my life easier. I've had quite a few problems with the quality of the
libhtml-mason-perl packaging that I've had to work around due to the
absence of the maintainer. I've considered a hijack myself before now
but I just don't have the time.

Thanks for volunteering to take up this effort. I would recommend
considering joining the debian-perl group and possibly doing the
uploads of libhtml-mason-perl through that project as it would be
easier to find sponsors when needed.

Stephen Quinney