Re: Debian 3.1r0 CD/DVD image problem

Wouter Verhelst wrote:
>On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 09:21:15PM +0100, Brian Teeman wrote:
>>
>> As Steve has stated that the source on DVD 3 is only for IA64
>
>No, Steve did not state that.
>
>Matthew stated that there is a source package which could reasonably
>well be put on the last image and which is 214M in size (so, larger than
>whatever ends up on the third image currently). That's not the same
>thing.

Guys, calm down! :-)

In fact, for the 3.1_r0a build we've managed to shuffle sources around
so that ia32-libs will be the only source package on the 3rd source
DVD. That _does_ mean that vendors only need to worry about supplying
the 3rd DVD if they're shipping ia64 binary CDs/DVDs.

It will also matter for the (unofficial) amd64 images, but there will
be other amd64-specific sources needed too in that case and I'm still
looking into how to arrange those best.

Who needs computer imagery when you've got Brian Blessed?