Re: PostgreSQL transition ahead

* Martin Pitt [Tue, 07 Jun 2005 10:22:00 +0200]:

Hello Martin,

> I already did these steps for a fair number of packages. So if you
> maintain one of the packages that have a debdiff at [3], you are lucky
> and only need to apply the patch there (however, cyrus-sasl2 and
> dovecot were nasty cases where the path has been hardcoded for now;
> this should be improved). The debdiffs were made for Ubuntu packages
> since I could upload them straight away. So the changelog patch will
> fail to apply, but the rest should be fine.

  Do you plan on filing bugs to prevent loosing track of the remaining
  uploads? Perhaps some other methods (wiki page, private list of
  yourself) would be less intrusive, but bugs is what we normally use
  for this issues.

  Possibilities:

    - file bugs against all packages right after upload. Easier,
      pollutes BTS.

    - file bugs against remaining packages after e.g. 2 or 4 weeks. A
      bit more of effort, won't create a flood of RC bugs (hopefully).

  Cheers,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Don't worry about what anybody else is going to do. The best way to
predict the future is to invent it.
                -- Alan Kay