Re: And now for something completely different... etch!

JFSP> - inetd begone! -> xinetd (better mechanism to control DoS, privilege
JFSP>   separation, etc.)

Privilege separation etc is nice, but have a look at xinetd source and
reconsider. I have tried to fix a DoS-like problem (a timing-related bug
that caused temporary disabling of services) in xinetd once but
eventually gave up. The code is IMHO unmaintainable and doesn't raise
much trust.

If a replacement is needed, I would rather look at openbsd-inetd.

--
Meelis Roos (mroos@linux.ee)