Re: Is Ubuntu a debian derivative or is it a fork?

Hi Stephen,

Am Sonntag, den 05.06.2005, 10:49 +0100 schrieb Stephen Birch:
> How to report bugs.  Do we really need to separate bug tracking
> mechanisms?

Some Debian maintainers were really unhappy about Ubuntu bugreports and
I do completly agree with them. Some packages are compiled against
different libraries or differ in other areas. The same happened in the
Ubuntu BTS: we got bug reports from users using backports and we weren't
able to reproduce those bugs.

However, Canonical started an effort to minimize hassle with bugs in
different distributions:

	http://launchpad.ubuntu.com/malone

will be a meta-bugtracker which will be able to track bugs in different
BTS's.

Have a nice day,
 Daniel