Re: Debian Java in Sarge

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 23:49:17 +0200, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> said:

> Le vendredi 03 juin 2005 à 18:41 -0500, Adam Heath a écrit :
>> > I agree.  A java policy should talk about how java packages
>> > should interact once installed.  But stay the hell away from how
>> > they are built.
>>
>> As an example, debhelper, while being very useful for maintainers,
>> is not mandated.

> That doesn't make not using it less stupid.

        Right. We can't possible build Debian packages without
 crutches, hence not using said crutches is stupid.  Since, you know,
 building packages is really really rocket science.

> The few times I saw a package not using debhelper, it was broken in
> some way.

        Ooh. Generalizations. Gotta love 'em. Well, none of my
 40-or-so packages use debhelper. This includes stuff like make and
 flex, which are not exactly obscure and unknown packages. If these
 are broken in someway, and people know about them, I would appreciate
 bug reports.

        If you want to know which packages to look for, here are the
 links: http://arch.debian.org/arch/private/srivasta/

        manoj
--
Man is demolishing nature ... We are killing things that keep us
alive. Thor Heyerdahl