Re: Help: Strange behaviour of ldd

[I hope you don't mind quoting you in public because I want people to stop
 downloading the programs and waste their time if this is solved.]

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Petr Salinger wrote:

It is not fault of ldd, but badly designed program.
Ahhh, this explains the dependency from the build machine.

annotate.cc:

#define  MAX_ALIGN  10000

static void  Show_Alignment (char A [], long int M, char B [], long int N)
{
static int  D [MAX_ALIGN] [MAX_ALIGN];
static char  Op [MAX_ALIGN] [MAX_ALIGN];

Memory requirement for only these two arrays is roughly 500 MB.
(sizeof(int) + sizeof(char)) * MAX_ALIGN * MAX_ALIGN
Ups, this is really a bad design.  I guess we should educate upstream
about dynamic fields.

If you have enough RAM + swap (1 GB) it works,
if you have less (512 MB) it fails.
OK, I'm slightly convinced.  On the other hand: Isn't this a really strange
error message from ldd for this reason?

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--